The summer winds down and we look ahead to a new school year.
What will it bring?
What will we learn?
These questions revolve around what we are willing to invest in ourselves.
Each year I set goals not only for my students but for myself as a teacher. This year I would like to focus my energies on helping my students be as independent as possible...and by this I mean having them be an integral part of what they are learning. It is the responsibility for one's learning that produces the the longest lasting effect.
I look forward to this year. I look forward to meeting the next group of kids to traverse through Room 202. I know that this year, being my 11th year teaching and my 17th year working with kids and families, that we will all benefit from a atmosphere of shared goals; common goals.
While I haven't yet met my students, my sights are set upon developing a relationship with each and every one of them...a relationship built on trust, mutual respect, and a willingness to take a risk.
Mr. C
What will it bring?
What will we learn?
These questions revolve around what we are willing to invest in ourselves.
Each year I set goals not only for my students but for myself as a teacher. This year I would like to focus my energies on helping my students be as independent as possible...and by this I mean having them be an integral part of what they are learning. It is the responsibility for one's learning that produces the the longest lasting effect.
I look forward to this year. I look forward to meeting the next group of kids to traverse through Room 202. I know that this year, being my 11th year teaching and my 17th year working with kids and families, that we will all benefit from a atmosphere of shared goals; common goals.
While I haven't yet met my students, my sights are set upon developing a relationship with each and every one of them...a relationship built on trust, mutual respect, and a willingness to take a risk.
Mr. C
Comments
Post a Comment