The appointment did not go quite the way we expected it to go…without going into too much detail I can say we had to make some hard decisions…and we are working through the logistics of those decisions.
The last thing that day I needed on my mind was to have to think about how my class was faring with a sub. My energies needed to be with my family, they needed to be with the thought processes my wife and I went through, they needed to be with Ella.
When I returned on Tuesday I sat at my desk and reviewed the note from the sub. I am going to quote a portion of that note:
"Dear Mr. C,
It was a great day in your class—you have the nicest class I have subbed in this year!!”…
The note went on relaying all that went on that day.
The sub was in the building on Tuesday and right after I read her note she showed up at my door. She wanted to tell me, in person, how wonderful my class was. She went on and on. I sat back in my chair after she left and thoughts of your kids entered my mind. I couldn’t wait to see them.
If the occasion arises again this year where I must be absent for one of my "personal kids", it is extremely comforting knowing that that my “school kids” are--who they are.
Comments
Post a Comment