Reconnect~
The time away from school, spent with my family, allowed me to reconnect with them.
I reconnected with my wife and kids; laughing, playing, resting, eating, and simply enjoying the beauty of the family warmth and love that fills our house.
I reconnected with my brother and his family; watching them grow closer to one another and us. It was wonderful to watch the holidays wash away any struggles that have existed, if only for a short while.
I reconnected with my father. Spending quality time with him as he pushed forward past the losses he has faced.
I reconnected with my late mother, sister and niece; feeling their presence in our celebrations and speaking of them to my children.
I reconnected with my in-laws; taking in the warmth and love they have to offer. Creating with them a deeper sense of family as we spent time together sharing our lives and experiences.
I reconnected with myself; allowing the season to fill my soul with the realization that we are here for a very short time and that each moment is a precious spot of time dappled on the canvas of eternity--and we are all part of each other--we are connected.
I reconnected with my students upon our return to school; rekindling the magical relationships that teachers and their students share while exploring the world and how it works~ together.
Reconnect~
It is good to take a step back and allow oneself to reconnect.
Mr. Casten
Jan. 8, 2010
Comments
Post a Comment