The time has come~
Spending the past 4 months with my students has afforded me an opportunity that very few people have the privilege of knowing. The opportunity to be a part of so many different young peoples' lives. A part of their life in which I play a role of educator, caregiver and friend.
Teaching children is a gift bestowed upon me that I hold dear. It allows me to be that part of myself which encompasses the desire to guide young minds to the path of true freedom through opening their mind's eye to the wonders of the world.
Taking care of my students is an opportunity for me to teach them how to be compassionate and forgiving as well as independent and resourceful.
Befriending each of my 4th graders helps bridge the generation gap that naturally occurs between us and allows mutual respect and admiration to flourish.
It is a delicate balance of the three and a juggling act at best.
As I grow as a teacher I, too, grow as a person. Each child I encounter adds to my growth in both realms.
The time has come for me to turn my full attention to my family; to play the role that comes so naturally; to once again and with pleasure~ teach, care for, and befriend those who are closest to me.
The time has come for all of us to give that one extra hug at night to one another.
The time has come~
Mr. Casten
December 18, 2009
Comments
Post a Comment