Time and Change...
While on the playground I was approached by two former students. Their eyes were familiar yet the names eluded me. They graciously clued me in on who they were and immediately my mind raced back to another time in my life. They had grown, they had matured, they were, however, the same sweet kids they were while in my class.
Time and Change...
My one-and-a-half year old, Henry, has begun stringing two words together. He is very proud of himself and my wife and I are as well. The days of simply crying for his needs are quickly vanishing and soon we will be having conversations about a myriad of topics.
Time and Change...
My (almost three-year old) daughter, Ava, sat on her bed last night and recited "The Lord's Prayer" as my wife, Henry and I listened with open hearts and loving pride. She beamed when finished and gave my wife a hug while saying, "I'm happy!". Her world is expanding in exponential fashion.
Time and Change...
My current students have no choice but to continue their growth beyond the doors of Room 202. I always joke with them by saying that I can't wait to see them when they are 30, and that they should visit me in the old folks home...we have a laugh and go on with our work. It is intriguing, however, to wonder if I might see one of them in 20 years; maybe I'll teach one of their kids, maybe we'll run into each other at a restaurant, maybe I'll hear about one of them and their accomplishments to better the world. Maybe, just maybe.
Time and Change...
Mr. Casten
April 23, 2010
Comments
Post a Comment